A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Blue Bottles and Ladybugs

 

Bottles sky

Bottles in the window

Summer weather has arrived. We at last had a marvelous fourth with just right temperatures. The kids came over and Miss Madee brought a little friend with her...

 

Ladybug

We had a fine picnic of hotdogs, potato salad, baked beans doctored up with dijon mustard, and a fruity yogurt salad. 

The juncos have finally left their geranium nest so I now have my bistro table back. Here is one of the little guys just before vacating. Doesn't even resemble a junco yet.

Baby junco

Baby Junco

Tomorrow is Friday and that's a good thing. It was nice having the fourth off but it threw me off a bit today with my "inner calendar. It felt like it should've been Sunday. I am certainly glad that my working hours are fairly early so that I get off before it really gets warm although tomorrow might  test that theory. 

I have several sweet pea blossoms so far and am looking forward to having their sweet scent waft through the dining room window and maybe even reach the upstairs bedroom. So far growing them in a large pot with a tomato cage seems to be a success.

Lena came by the other day bringing gifts and treasures and among them was this little "English Toby"jug.

Toby Jugs have been around since the early 18th century.
They were brought back by Doulton in the 19th century, who developed the idea into a range of character jugs.
Today, their popularity shows no signs of declining and they have held their value at auction sales.
Their appeal is wide reaching because Doulton jugs are quite different both in their craftsmanship and their subject matter.

He's a little bit like an english gnome and I am planning to feature him from time to time in a shot or two. Thanks Lena!

The toby amongst the geraniums

This post has been a little disjointed but it is a post none the less… :-)

An update on our wolberts lawn

The "Bearded One" sprinkling the lawn.

What a difference  having our company treating our yard has made! Thanks boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment