A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Slow to Post


 Today's 365 Picture, "Frog on a Rock"
Out and About
Yesterday was Rock Star's Wife's Birthday.
Since it falls on St Patty's Day Green was the appropriate color of the day. Little Miss Madelynn was in charge of decorating the New York cheesecake with shiny green icing. She did an excellent job of adding a large green bellybutton somewhat in the middle of it where of course a belly button should reside. Lovely and delicious.
Tomorrow we get to go back Home to the Cottage. The Bearded One will be taking our wrought iron bistro set to put out on the patio. It will be good to have a place to sit outdoors and enjoy the view now that the weather is getting more Spring-like. I think we will also bring along our "Fish Pot" Hopefully the raccons won't discover the goldfish.

Our Patio adjacent to the Original Cottage and just outside our laundry room door.
Mom and Sis will be coming by tomorrow afternoon to check out our new digs. That will be fun. Of course food will be involved…

Cottage News
The innkeeper has left a couple of empty containers for me to plant. I am excited about the prospect. I love planting pots. I think for the larger on which is actually not real large, I will put in a clump of black Mondo grass, a Heuchura, a Hellobore, and a couple of pansies. That will make a planting that will last through the seasons. Our Cottage porch faces west but because we're in the trees I don't think we will get a lot of direct sun.
We have revised our list of things to take with us to include things like Kleenex, and paper towels. Oh, and maybe an afghan or two to keep cozy in the evening.

The Happy Homemaker
I think that we will be having artichoke dip with a thinly sliced and toasted baguette. I've remembered to replenish the coffee and will try to think of a few other things to have.
We picked up a mid size crockpot at the goodwill and are planning to use it to cook a nice little pork roast with potatoes and carrots, for dinner Saturday evening.
It will be nice to get the gas grill as soon as possible to help with the cooking situation. I have plenty of room to cook in my little kitchenette but keeping the "mess" outside seems like a great idea. No messy pans to clean up.

Reflections

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.
Helen Keller

Pasted from <http://www.allgreatquotes.com/quotes_to_live_by.shtml>

Be well take care of each other,
Rhondi


1 comment:

  1. as you are being able to enjoy your new digs, I am still staring at mine through the window. I realize god has timing on his own scheduale and take comfort that it is probablly better than my own. Everyday I have recieved phone calls explaining why the hold up, and am having a hard time believing when they say it will happen. It seems we have a force that is not being cooperative. Actually we do. It is the sellers agent, whom has dropped the ball many times in this almost 4 month process. But alas it is looking like next week.

    ReplyDelete