A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Not so Wet Wednesday

Dragonfly scan brownbag

Dragonfly Scan

Cottage Life

The "Bearded One" continues to follow me around our galley kitchen wanting to participate in the preparation of dinner. Hmm... Should I worry about this? Is he planning to set up housekeeping on his own, preparing his own delicious meals, an independent soul? Nah. I think he's just bored.Tonight's fare will be herb and veggie brown rice with a variation of "chicken Quinault" a favorite dish borrowed from the Lake Quinault Lodge, on the Olympic Penninsula. Basically chicken tenders, saute'd with garlic, red pepper, onion, white wine, and olive oil. I like to finish it off with sour cream and parmesan cheese. That could have something to do with the need for the "stick o butter meter". I hear him chopping the ingredients as I type, I'm hollering "not too fine!!" hoping he's not mincing the peppers and onions. Here is where we part ways. He like's teeny weeny pieces and chews and chews and chews his food. Me, I like chunky bits and I tend to chomp and inhale. This could be yet another reason for the "stick o butter meter" hmmmm... I've chosen a favorite wine to accompany our dinner. It's Efeste's Ferol... (Sorry friend Ferol, I actually was saving this bottle for you... I'll get you another one.)

love it. Bon apetite'

Before and After

I like textures. They are easy to add with photoshop. One example is the Dragonfly art above. This was made by using my printer's scanner to "scan" the dragonflies which originated on an old box of matches. Once I scanned the picture I added a brown paper bag texture over the top and set the layer to "multiply" which makes the two images become one and wah la! Let's try another...

Before

Careyorig

My Daughter in law Carey. A simple picture that I've added sepia tones to.

After

Carey raindrops

Here I've overlaid her photo with one I took of a water puddle in the rain yesterday. Now lets add a crumpled paper...

 

Carey brown paper

Now this might not be your cup of tea, but imagine the possibilities...

NewImage

This is one I did a while back with tulips. I scanned a folded piece of paper and then layered it in photoshop...

Healthy Choices

Okay Gluten free today. I tried a gluten free pancake mix this morning with some chopped pecans and apple butter. Even fed some to the "Bearded One" who rather liked them. I'm not kidding myself I will have to wean back off the carbs... but not this week.

Hmmm... Pause for Thought

Gotta love it... Bet it gets stuck in your head...



No comments:

Post a Comment