A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday all over again...

Rainyday

Umbrella weather in the North West

It has been raining steady most of the day. I guess it is after all late October so no surprise really. This is a poem by one of my favorite authors...

Rain
I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.

-Shel Silverstein

Cottage Life

IMG 5171Small spike seen on the way home

We had a couple of the grandkids over for a sleepover at the cottage last night. I think they find it quite amusing that we live in such a tiny little house and sleep in our kitchen. I think it's like visiting a playhouse in the woods. I had to work today so The bearded one got to entertain them this morning. I called to check on them and apparently caught grandpa lying as still as possible in the bed so as not to wake the kids. He knew as that as soon as they were up and about he was going to be in full throttle ahead mode. Hmm.. did I mention that my phone call set the whole day in motion? (me smiling innocently) I hear he had a grand time with art projects, banana frappe's, and peanut butter sandwiches. He managed quite well to get everyone to the bathroom with no accidents (Yea! Max) and then to get everyone dressed and properly buckled into their car seat contraptions for the ride home. When I arrived at the cottage all that remained were brightly colored papers full of well written notes (good job Madee) and happy stick figures. Well done Bearded One... Well done.

MelodyFor our Landlord Melody from Madelynn

This is a picture of Madelynn...

Madee

The Artist and "big sister"

Before and After

On my way down the driveway to the cottage. I needed a photo so I stopped by the garden and took this one of the wheelbarrow leaning against the fence.

Before


IMG 5173

Garden Wheelbarrow

After

Wheelbarrowsketchvintage

Melody's wheelbarrow with a little rust

I really like the look "Vintage"  illustrations so I muted the colors, and added a pen and ink layer to it. Oh and I added a little rust to the wheelbarrow.

Healthy Choices

Sorta healthy. cooked up some salmon for dinner. It sure makes it easier now that we have settled into a routine menu-wise, with lots of fish, and chicken. We just look on the calendar and Ta Da! No brainer.

Hmmm... Pause for Thought


Word of the day

loll: to recline or lean in a relaxed, lazy, or indolent manner; lounge.

As in "I would really like to loll about all day."

Until next time...


NewImage

No comments:

Post a Comment