A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Afternoon "The Musing Continues..."

Cottage Life

It's Sunday evening and I haven't left the nest all day. Although I was tempted to schlumpy dump around the house, I did manage to take a shower and get dressed for the day. The Bearded One went with some friends of his to Yelm so I had the cottage all to myself. Ahhh... the stuff fantasies are made of. What should've been a calm zen-like day on my own though, was actually oddly manic. I didn't know what to do with myself. Well that's not quite true. I fiddled with images and ideas on the mac all morning, which would've been blissful if not for the feeling that I should be doing something else. I wasn't able to give myself permission to be happy sitting on my "hinder parts" doing what I love to do. Isn't that sad? I mean I was in fact sitting on my hinder parts but I sure wasn't relaxed. It's like I couldn't find the off button. Note to self for future reference... Find the off button and mark it with a sharpie. I have the day off tomorrow. I will try again.

It suddenly occurs to me that maybe I actually should've been doing something else. Wouldn't that be ironic? Nah.

Before and After

I'm all about presentation. I'm really a fan of what I call "micro blogging" and so I love it when other people start doing it. I use Blogger. I find it to be super easy and user friendly. There are a lot of ways to customize the templates with color and layout choices but one of my favorite ways to set a blog apart from all the rest is by making a custom banner.

Before

Boring....

Boring blog

After

A few examples (thanks Allison for unknowingly volunteering)

Banner ali eyes

I think this one would be good for a personal "journal" type blog

 

Banner example ali

I like the "coffee table" look... with stuff laid out and displayed, you know, like on a coffee table.

 

Banner nest and paper2

A collage of sorts. These are really fun to make, the possibilities are endless.

 

Healthy Choices

NewImage

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm having issues... obviously.

Chub cam tomorrow....

Hmmm... Pause for Thought

NewImage

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://www.offthemark.com

Ain't it the truth???

 

 

 

With one new grand baby here, and another one circling the runway...



No comments:

Post a Comment