A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Short Post Thursday and Murky Waters Ahead... Whoopee!

 

Vintage peach rose

A peach colored Rose that I spotted yesterday

Cottage Life

A challenge comes to the cottage. With some economy based slowdowns I may have the opportunity to voluntarily layoff work for the next three months. This is both a whooty whoo! on the one hand, (think vacation), and a OMG on the other (think tiny budget). It's actually not so much the lack of money that causes the angst but the thought of the Bearded One and I holed up together through the long winter months in less than 600 sq. feet. The smallness isn't so noticeable when I am at work for the major part of the day, In fact it seems quite cozy. But 24/7 for three months... Hmmm. So here's to adventure. Perhaps  I will get some knitting projects done.  They say that "that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger". We'll see...

 

Before and After

Leaves. They are everywhere right now, so when looking for something to shoot today, it seemed only natural that I would include them. You may have noticed... I will take a picture of anything and call it Art. It's all in the presentation.

Before

Leavesbefore

Big Leaf Maple leaves on the driveway of one of our customers. I had a busy day and needed something quick. You'll notice my white balance was a little off. I didn't look at my camera settings, just snapped the pictures. Was able to correct it in Adobe LightRoom.

After

I wanted the photos to scream "fall" so I bumped up the color a bit.


Niceleaves2

A little more zip

 

Niceleaves

A little more subdued but still "Autumny"

I've done both of these with canvas textures, a little difficult to see at this size but nice when printed.


 


Hmmm... Pause for Thought

If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.
-- Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A. A. Milne

 

Until next time...

Bye


2 comments:

  1. Come and knit with me! I'm sure I have stash to share - not to mention close proximity to grandkids :-)

    I love the leaves against aggregate; maybe it's the contrast of something so ephemeral against something so permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come hang out with your daughter and volunteer at the winery..

    ReplyDelete