A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Scare Crows, and get the job done Sunday

 

Scarecrow mat

Scare Crow at Lydia Hawk Elementary School

Cottage Life

I spent the day working with my son, so didn't get much "Cottage time". It was a busy, gotta get the job done kind of day but I was still able to find some things to shoot. For example this colorful, albeit quite thin, scare crow at one of the elementary school gardens. He was standing amongst some sunflowers, guarding a couple of ripening tomatoes and a zucchini or two. Love the hat. The weather was quite nice after the steady rain we had yesterday and it made for a pleasant day. Speaking of sunflowers, I can't seem to get enough of their heavy, drooping, heads. I don't know, I think it must be the combination of color and textures that causes me to snap yet another picture.

IMG 5163

Another droopy Sun Flower

We are expecting baby Milo to arrive sometime Tuesday morning. His much awaited arrival will kick off the holiday season as we head into November.

Before and After

Sweet peas. This was taken a while back, before the rains came. I wanted a little piece of summer back.

Before

This is kind of a ho hum, snapshoty, don't bother to keep photo. I didn't have the proper lens for the job and to achieve the look I wanted, but it was something that I could fiddle with and try to make something compelling.

IMG 2582 2


After

Sweetpeas aftervintage

I like to do floral photographs this way, to bring out the depth of textures and colors. I first cropped the photo to bring attention to the blooms and foliage. This one might make a nice note card... It just goes to show that you can sometimes find treasures if you know where to look.

Healthy Choices

Hmm tomorrow's "chub cam" Monday again. We had a late, comfort food dinner. Chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and a gravy thickened with a bit of rice flour, and an avocado at the peak of perfection.

Hmmm... Pause for Thought


Nothing personal just went with the lead photo

Until next time...

NewImage

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this before and after! makes me thing maybe i do have some "keepers" of the kiddos if i look through them again and then send them your way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really hits my soft spot for Sweet Peas :-)

    ReplyDelete