A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Daily monsters and Saturday springing somewhat forward...

NewImage

Another vintage valentine

Cottage Life

Saturday. As Son Karl reminded me me three month long weekend has come to it's conclusion. This is now real weekend mode. Boy am I going to have a rude awakening come Monday morning. It will be good to be back to work though. I work with a great crew and the the Bosses are terrific. A very good thing is that I will be once again getting the much needed exercise that I've been missing. I haven't been a couch potato, I've been  "ah so comfy in my office chair" root vegetable instead. To think that I honestly thought that I would be up and at em and out the door for my daily fast walk up and down the hill everyday. That plan did not work. Apparently it takes a to do list with a paycheck involved to get me moving. This time of year around here the weather can be so deceiving. It seems that every year we get a great February bit of sunshine. Just enough for us to remember what the color of the sky is beyond the clouds. We get a bounce in our step and then are plunged into wintery weather again. Then before we can catch our breath, the spring annuals show up at the home improvement stores, the early flowering trees begin to blossom, and boom we're in the middle of spring heading for summer. Today is supposed to be a blue sky day. I will take a deep breath and be prepared to be launched into the frenzy.

Before and After

I've been working on farm and vegetable prints and cards so I thought I would re-visit some farmer's market shots.

Before

A basket of parsnips from last fall

IMG 4235 3


After

I wanted to make the parsnips pop...

Parsnips

I ran the photo through a couple of "topaz" filters, bumped the color a bit and gave it a general boost.

Low carb livin'

 


IMG 0004

low carb cheese cake with Cranberry -blueberry topping

My little recipe for cheesecake for one... two actually. In my case it's me twice.

You could make a crust with ground nuts, butter and sweetener but I just do crustless and don't miss it. It actually comes out of the pan really well.

1 package cream cheese

1 egg

1/3 c splenda

1/3 c cream

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 c sour cream

1 Tbl rice flour (you can use regular)

Cream all this together until light and fluffy. It will thick and wonderful. Divide into two ramekins or use a very small baking dish. Bake at 300 degrees until set, and it feels firm. it will depend on your oven and the size pans you use. In my "ovenette" it only took about 20 minutes. I put a small ramekin of water next to it. Okay. You must let this cool to really appreciate the NewYork cheese cake style. Trust me. Put it in the fridge, go to bed and have cheesecake for breakfast.


Hmmm... Pause for Thought

Graphic artist,  Stefan G Bucher, of The Daily Monster...Drawing delightful monsters that begin with a splat of ink. Whimsical and impressive.

 

To see more of Stefan's work click just click on his name above...

 

Until next time...

An old "miss madee" pout

Thepoutsig


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment