A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday, A little rain, a lot of wind and getting ready to move...

IMG 0005 4

The hellebores on the cottage porch

Cottage Life

Here at the cottage I find myself in a sort of limbo. Neither here nor there and we are beginning to sort through the combination of our stuff and the cottage's. We have been merged together for a couple of years now, the cooking utensils mingling quite well together so it seems a little odd to be separating them. I will miss the fine assortment of frying pans. They are "Emeril" pans and I've become quite smitten. They are stainless with really thick bottoms and they work really well without sticking. I looked on line to see how much it would cost me to purchase two of my favorites. $70 and $50 dollars respectively. It looks like I will be scouring the thrift stores. I was able to find a small "Wolfgang Puck" pan at value village, along with a nice set of sheets. I hope the pan proves to be an acceptable substitute. Having the wrangler as a moving vehicle means we can transfer only a couple of totes at a time to the storage shed. The Bearded one wants to get everything we own there, and then get a pickup and move from the storage unit to the house in one fell swoop. It's a good thing we don't have a lot to move. We want to be able to clear out enough so that the cottage can be shown and rented in a timely fashion, at least that's the plan. The one thing we have a lot of are books. Lots of them. No paperback novels, mostly how-to, self help, and gardening books all heavy. I'm finding that using shopping totes is working quite well. They are easy to transport with their sturdy handles.


IMG 0001 5

Totes and baskets getting ready to be transported.

A little Art

A photo of miss Madelynn run through different "Alien skin" snap art filters

Before

IMG 5339

After

Madee colored pencil

Colored pencil

Madee sketch

Sketch

 

Madee oil

Oil paint

 

Hmmm... Pause for Thought (laughter)


 

 

Until next time...

NewImage

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment