A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Ahh... the weekend has arrived!

The boat sm file

The Norwegian Boat up close and personal.

The weekend is here and the summer-like weather continues. I have no plans for the weekend which makes it wonderful. the bearded one and I will probably spend the day hovering over our laptops. The weekend traffic looks like it will be crowded with everyone trying to get in a little late summer fun.

 

Picture of the Day

IMG 3140

Sandy brought her "watering can geranium" with her to family camp out and placed it outside "weedfoe" the box van where she had made her weekend home. She had a recliner, bunk bed, table and chairs, and a even a hammock. I grabbed an afternoon nap in the barcalounger and the bearded one hung out in the hammock.

 

Cottage Life

NewImage

The bearded one picked up this shelving unit for our "pantry" today. The landlady cleared out some more space in the closet downstairs so we were able to move  all of our clothing into that one and are now utilizing the upstairs closet next to our galley kitchen as a pantry. We chose a wire unit from lowes. Really easy to assemble. It looks great and will hold a lot of weight. It actually looked rather bare so I gathered up stuff from elsewhere to make it look used. We've been living "small" for so long that we actually have more space than we know what to do with but the pantry idea really will work well. The blender can be a little more accessible for the bearded one's breakfast shakes. Up until now it's been stored in one of the IKEA drawers. It worked but this will be a lot handier.

Shelf in action

Healthy Choices

I went to 24 hour fitness again this morning for weight training. It was only my third time and what seemed fairly easy last time seemed a little tougher. My muscles(?) were complaining if not screaming. I assume it will get better and then Karl will up the weights and reps. I'm still gluten free. there are a lot of choices out there which helps. I think my joints are a little less inflamed. I'm still walking like an old woman but it hasn't even been a week so I will give it some more time. I've been feeling a little guilty for indulging in some foods like corn chips etcetera, butIam determined to check out the "gluten" factor so I need to take it one step at a time to really narrow the effects down. After one month gluten free I should be able to tell a difference and then I will add the other healthy bits.


Hmmm... Pause for thought

Aristophanes-
Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever.

Links I've Stumbled on

This is a fun read... all sorts of ways to live on the cheap in your car or van.

http://www.cheaprvliving.com

No comments:

Post a Comment