A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Candlelight Monday

 

 

Candle light

The Bearded One reading by candlelight while I post tonight

Cottage Life

I am scrambling to get this post out. The Cottage has been without electricity all day. Had I known I was going to come home to no power I would've stopped off at Barnes and Noble and worked from there. My mac has a pretty good battery though , so if I limit my playing with images to a mild roar I might get through... There is the tricky little bit about the internet though. In order to get usable service we have added an antenna with a booster. When the power's out there's no boost. Hopefully it will upload before the mac collapses.

Before and After

This time I was totally going for an artistic look. I used to dabble in watercolors. I love the look of translucent paint over textured paper. This is my granddaughter Allison.

Before

NewImage

I like this photo. I can zip it up a little...

NewImage

Subtle... but a little snappier.

After

The gator

I wanted to capture the essence of Allison's personality. I think people portraits make great watercolors.  When viewed at 100% you can see the detail of the paper. The image below is at about 50%

NewImage

A closer view

Healthy Choices

Chub-Cam

Butter meter 26

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I decided to keep track of my progress using something that I could relate to. Since Butter is essentially fat ;-) and it came in quarter pound increments, I chose it to be my vehicle of measurement. Everyone can relate to a cube of butter. It's also a relative unit. If you are dainty and small and slap a cube of butter to your butt it will be very noticeable. On the other hand if you are of the larger "Sturdy" type it might take a few more cubes for anyone to notice. This starts the second week of my grand experiment and this mornings hop on the digital scale show six pounds gone. Still gluten free,  keeping the carbs down, and showing up at the gym three days a week.

So here's yesterday's report.

25

Hmmm... Pause for Thought

I will have to leave off with out a proper thought. I will have to jump in the jeep, race to the top of the hill and hope I can connect before I die.....

I will end this post with Ferol's Rooster, which is kind of odd because everybody knows a rooster really starts the day...

Roosteronbackground


No comments:

Post a Comment