A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday and I'm "Shoulding" all over myself


 

IMG 3932

Our cottage looking up from the patio


Cottage Life

I really thought I was going to accomplish a lot today. I was wrong. It was a lovely day really. The weather rather balmy and all. I should've gone out side and enjoyed it. Instead I hovered over the mac, photoshopping like a woman possessed, which is what I love to do. The problem was the guilt, though self inflicted, that hung over me like a thick blanket. I just had this feeling that there was something that I should've been doing, some task waiting to be completed. Something.... Anything. Guilt.... On closer examination though, my life at this point in time is pretty non-demanding aside from my weekday job, which I do enjoy. And it is just the Bearded One and me here in this tiny little house. We are pretty neat and tidy except for my socks which usually end up under chairs, so there's really not a whole lot left undone... Still I couldn't quite enjoy the day with any great abandon. Tomorrow is Sunday. I will have another go at it. Guilt free pleasure. That is if there is such a thing.

Before and After

This time I'm starting with a ho hum snapshot of a picture that I took to illustrate what just a smidgen of post processing can do.

 

Before

IMG 3890 2

After

IMG 3890

Just adds a little "Pop" don't you think? Even without any fancy borders and such.

 

Healthy Choices

I definitely need to put a little more thought and planning into my meals. Right now though I'm just trying to avoid the flour and stay fairly low carb. Here's yesterday's list.

23

I intended to eat a large portion of steamed broccoli but was totally consumed by my computer projects. "Chub Cam" is on Monday. A great, although somewhat humiliating, motivator.

Hmmm... Pause for thought

Not a thought really... I just like this band...


1 comment:

  1. Love the horse photo. And gotta love Mumford and Sons! :)

    ReplyDelete