A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ruby Tuesday

Roadhome

The road home to the cottage yesterday

Cottage Life

We sure are enjoying life here in the woods. Yesterday the power was out which made it very frustrating for posting but other than that we were quite comfy. We have skylights that let a lot of light in until the sun goes down. We also have a propane cook top and hot water heater. There was enough water in the tank to flow down to us so there was no real hardship. Hot water, hot food, and down comforter. I can't complain about that.

 

Before and After

Today's example photo was taken in Astoria. We were actually eating in this great little Bistro right across from where this pilot boat was docked. I like textures. Boats, water, and pilings have that and more.

Before

IMG 1627


One of the first things I needed to do was straighten out my horizon. For some reason a lot of my photos seem to list to the left. Maybe one leg is shorter than the other.... hmmm.

After

Pilotboatafter

My version is really colorful. The horizon has been righted. The reflections on the water seem to jump out. A little to robust for your taste? Try this one. Horizon straightened, and  with a little boost, and sharpening.

Pilotboatsimple

Healthy Choices

This blog thing sure helps keep me on track. Knowing that I have to face chub cam every monday is certainly a prime motivator. I've been having a little difficulty at the gym in the mornings. I have my workout and the weight that I need to dial in for each machine written down on paper. Son Karl helped set me up. I do two sets of 12 reps each. I'm pretty new at it so I'm constantly having to check the card, which I have to place on the floor between exercises.  Not a problem If I didn't have to have my reading glasses to see. I hang my glasses on a chain. Inevitably every time I would bend over to check the card, my glasses would tangle on the chain. The chain would knot up and I would be trying to pull them up to my face still attached. This was drawing way to much attention to the novice that I am. My goal is to get in and get out unnoticed. A side note... I am eligible for a free trainer session. That would be horrifying. I need to be in better shape first. It's kind of like cleaning your house before the maid comes so she doesn't think your a slob. The answer to my dilemma came to me suddenly. I just need to make the writing on the card large enough so that I can see it sans spectacles. I intend to test drive my theory in the morning.

Yesterdays journal...

26

Hmmm... Pause for Thought

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
--Christopher Robin to Pooh”
A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment