A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Beginning The "Before and After" Series

I'm launching a project where I am trying to perfect what I like to call my "Norman Rockwell Americana" treatment. I'm looking for photos that I can use to show how regular "snap shots" can become great art and tell a story. This treatment works really well with expressive people shots as well as old cars. If you or some one you know has a shot that you'd like transformed send me the file. It needs to be a fairly High res image (most digital cameras can produce this). Just email me the file and give me permission to show the before and after here and I will send you back a high res printable file. Holiday shots for example including the turkey dinner perhaps would be great. and when we're done you will have a great christmas card pic or poster. The sky's the limit.

Before and after

Notice how all the clutter in the photo adds to the texture. If you look at it at 100% you'll see a 1940's painterly quality. This really helps to bring out expressions. So pass the word. Lets make some "Art"  rlperdueimages@gmail.com

Here's another example. An old vintage car we saw in Astoria.

Old car before after

She really shines when "done up".

Cottage Life

Okay so I've been fiddling around with photos so my pots outside are still full of "summer dreary". This is embarrassing. I could leap up from my desk, toss around a faux pumpkin or two, snap a picture and go "TA DAH!!... Yeah I could, but it's not gonna happen. Maybe if I hadn't over done it with the home made tortillas... which brings me to...

NewImage

Healthy choices

Gluten free day ten. Yes I will be going for a lot lower carbs as I get into this routine but right now I need the crutch. Made it to the gym. I swear the weights are getting heavier each time I go. I fully intend to make my life easier by planning ahead and packing my lunch and my clothes up the night before so that on gym day I'm not feeling so behind. So far my intentions haven't moved into the state of reality. The "bearded one" has been watching "Kris Gethin" videos that Karl has been working out with. Kris uses his stairs for cardio... the fact that "we" had stairs was pointed out to me enthusiastically by said "Bearded One". I reminded him that I am made quite aware of that fact several times in the middle of the night. I'll work up to it. really I will

Hmmm... Pause for thought

Time matte small

When told the reason for Daylight Saving time the old Indian said, "Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket."  ~Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment