A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blatant plug for my favorite Winery...

Wine tasting at my favorite Winery...Efeste

Papa efestesm

This is one of the owners, Dan Ferrelli, doing the pouring. I must say my favorite favorite is "Final-Final"

Efeste is sponsoring

Sips for Seattle Children's
Saturday, September 17th
6 - 8:30 PM EFESTE Winery

Join us for the 3nd Annual Sips for Seattle Children’s charity event!

Our Sips for Seattle Children's charity event now not only includes an evening of fabulous wine, gourmet wood-fired pizza, and prize drawings, but also a performance by local beatboxing extraordinaire and American Idol finalist, Blake Lewis!

Blake singing "You give love a bad name."

Picture of the Day

Blue room

 

The Blue Room

Okay, not necessarily the best subject but it was colorful and handy. I don't use this at work myself, but the guys do. Sometimes when walking by you hear conversations and you realize that it's being used as a phone booth. Kinda like Superman... sorta.

Cottage Living

Still no fall decor but that's because I had to run out to get the "Bearded One" a net book. His computer decided to take a hiatus and in the meantime, he was taking over my "mac". Now he's sitting across from me making little clicking sounds, surfing the net and I can get on with my life's mission which has apparently has come to filling hyper-space with trivial ramblings and pictures of porta johns... But I digress. I will attempt to at least plant the porch pots tomorrow with some kale, pansies, and maybe a heuchura or two.

This old bicycle is leaning up a tree on the driveway before ours. it's really beginning to fade and blend in to the brush.

Bicyle in treelargesm

It's the landmark that shows me where to turn.

Healthy Choices

Tomorrow is Wednesday which means I have to, or I should say, I get to go to the gym. Whee. They say that it will eventually become a habit and I won't want to miss. Uh huh. I'll let you know when that happens until then I will continue carrying  my oversize man-shirt and roomy sweatpants stuffed into a trader joe's bag. Still gluten fairly free. Having to double check things after Sissy caught me in a couple of snafus.


Word of the Day

conundrum |kəˈnəndrəm|noun ( pl. -drums )a confusing and difficult problem or question

As in "My life is a conundrum."

Hmm... Pause for Thought

“Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong'.
Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.”
Charles M. Schulz

Images

 

No comments:

Post a Comment