A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Muscles any one? Oops, I mean "mussels"...

Not as in mine but as in the shellfish type. I was given a wonderful vat of fresh harvested  blue- black beauties. I immediately steamed them, added some butter and garlic and dined. I ate my fill. They were large. Very large. I have leftovers. This has never happened to me before and I'm in a quandary as to how to best use the leftovers. Any ideas?

NewImage

These are not mine. Mine were not so well displayed. In fact if mine still looked this way I would be eating them. Yum. I cleverly defrocked mine and plopped them into a plastic container....

Like so.  Hmmm. See what I mean?

Mussels

 

Really... Maybe with pesto over pasta. Wait I would need "gluten-free" pasta which I don't have. Maybe a mussel stew along the lines of oyster stew. Cream, butter, salt and pepper. A glass of white wine perchance. Oh Lesssslieeeeee...(handy having a daughter who works at a winery) Yoooo Hooooooo....


Picture of the Day

Low tide

I know. Another picture of the norwegian boat. The tide was going out and I was looking for something to shoot. I'm determined to continue with project 365 again now that I have internet again albeit a little slow. So here it is. Sam did a great job restoring her.

 

Cottage Life

I have opened the "Fall Tote" that's as far as I've gotten. Something about 80 degree weather that does not inspire me to deck the halls with pumpkins, gourds, and spicy splender. Maybe tomorrow.

Fall

 

I did go outside and pick a sprig off the coleus before it bites the dust. I'm going to root it and enjoy it as a houseplant this winter.


NewImage

 

Healthy Choices

Everything is Food Food Food My sister Sandy's favorite song

Day six on my gluten-free journey. I'm feeling okay. There is not a lot I really have to give up so I'm not feeling deprived or anything. I am trying to remember to drink a lot of water this weekend. It's harder at work because what goes in will quickly want out and working out and about means there aren't always bathrooms handy. I figure if I drink a lot this weekend my system will be used to it and not cause problems next week. We will see. It seems that my life has become one giant experiment.


Hmm... Pause for Thought

 

Art produces ugly things which frequently become beautiful with time. Fashion, on the other hand, produces beautiful things which always become ugly with time.

Jean Cocteau (1889-1963)

New York World-Telegram & Sun 21 August 1960

 

 


The end1

No comments:

Post a Comment