A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Friday, December 30, 2011

"Foto" Shoot Friday...

NewImage

 

Cottage living

I'm Still in La Grande. We walked again today in spite of the torrential rainfall. As usual my daughter-in-law was johnny on the spot and ready to head out the door... so we did. I didn't want to look like a pansy. We had original planned on doing engagement pictures on Saturday but work schedules changes so we went out into the drizzle. I think we came up with some great shots. Taking the photos is only half the fun. I really like the processing side of things. The current trend seems to be almost cinematic, with a journalistic flair. Lots of tonal values, from soft vintage to dramatic black and white. What fun. We braved the wet, ran into a couple snowflakes and even a little patch of blue sky.

Before and After project 365

Lots of puddles gave us an opportunity to use some reflection shots.

Before

IMG 0088 2

The original shot straight out of camera...

After

I decided to crop the upper section to draw more attention to the reflection. In this version I've used a retro 1970's type process...

Reflection seventies

In this version I've gone with a version called "Heartland"

NewImage

Pause for thought

A wedding frame of mind... the fun promo for the "Wedding Singer"


Until next time...

IMG 0020 2

2 comments:

  1. Hey! What's wrong with pansies? They're tough little flowers with cute faces - I can't understand how they got such a bad rap. Love the reflection photos!

    ReplyDelete