A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Traveling Tuesday

NewImage

Union Pacific Sign at Multnomah Falls

Cottage Living

I'm not home. Today I took an impromptu road trip to LaGrande, Ore. My Oldest Grandson got engaged on Christmas Eve. The happy couple would like engagement photos... I decided it would be best to go before the snow flies in the Blue Mts. and while I am still on my Hiatus-unemployedness. I checked the weather this morning, it looked like the coast was clear so I grabbed the camera, jumped in the Cherokee and here I am.

I'm excited. I get to hang with my daughter-in-law, watch big screen TV and drink kurig coffee. The Bearded One was trying not to look too gleeful as I left this morning. I have invaded his quiet space for the last two months while I've been off work so I think he is looking forward to a little respite.

res·pite/ˈrespət/

Noun:
  1. A short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant.
  2. A short delay permitted before an unpleasant obligation is met or a punishment is carried out.

Daughter-in-law is on a heavy duty walking regime so maybe she can whip me into shape while I'm here or at least get me moving in the right direction. A great way to head into the New Year.


Before and After Project 365

I'm on the road so stopped by Multnomah falls to take few pics

Before

 

IMG 0003

This is as shot...

After

Falls1

Not a whole lot of difference here. Really subtle. I did a boost, added a little contrast with layers. Just a general bump to bring out a little more depth in the water.... get it? Depth? Water?  :-)

Pause for thought

What an amazing coincidence... Tuesday's tips.  Which just happen to be Engagement photo tips. Synchronicity in action.


Until Next Time...

NewImage

No comments:

Post a Comment