A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday.....

 

NewImage

Cottage Living

This will be a short post. Come to think of it most of them are. This week is really flying by. My to do list isn't very long. Taking photos for project 365 keeps me busy. I keep trying to come up with different shots. A little harder to do when I hang around home all day. Working had it's advantages, I could come across all sorts of stuff to photograph while doing my day's route. Today I took a hike down the road and got some fun stuff. the trouble with 365 is that I need a fresh shot everyday. That means that even if I got ten good one's today I can only use one and have to reshoot tomorrow. Really makes you keep your eyes open for fresh ideas.

Before and After Project 365

Today's pick. One of the old gates across the way. I love rust and texture. This has both...

Before

IMG 0044

Here's the shot right out of camera. It's okay but I always have to tweak just a bit. I wanted the rusty chain to pop a bit more since it was my focus.

After

Chain boost

The changes are pretty subtle. First I cropped it to put the focal point more in line with the rule of thirds. I then added a little boost, ran it through a topaz filter, then warmed it up just a bit.

 

Chain

I also did a black and white version which I liked really well. In the end I chose to use the colored one in the project. Someday I would like to do a whole series in monochrome. It's amazing how much variety and detail you can get without "color".

Pause for thought

“To the complaint, 'There are no people in these photographs,' I respond, There are always two people: the photographer and the viewer.”
Ansel Adams

NewImage

No comments:

Post a Comment