A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Sis... Thoughtful Thursday

NewImage

Cottage Life

It's my oldest daughter's Birthday today. I'm feeling older...

My day has been spent shooting for my project 365 and getting some product shots for "Seductive Foods". The new camera really helps because I can now trigger my speedlite flash remotely so that I don't have to get harsh shadows. Amazing. Combined with the light tent it makes taking shadowless product photos a cinch.

NewImage

A light tent... very useful for taking nice diffused shots


Here's an example of a light tent shot... mmmmmm. Sassy to sultry glaze. As soon as I'm done shooting this, I will put this on top of a pork tenderloin. Yes sir, I can taste it now.

IMG 8681

Before and After

This is the shot I took for project 365

Before

IMG 8609

This is the shot as taken. For my 365 project I wanted to have the attention more focused on the sunlight hitting the metal gizmo... and not so much on the book shelves behind.

After

NewImage

Here I've cropped it a bit and then put the non-essentials into "shadow" or darkness. This way you see the bright light coming through the windows and hitting the subject.

Hmmm... Pause for Thought

Vintage Laurel and Hardy. I like looking at all the fashions and furnishings of the times.

It's good to laugh... enjoy


 

Until next time...

NewImage

 


No comments:

Post a Comment