A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Final week of vacation begins...

Lichen

Lichen down at the waters edge this morning

Cottage living

It's official, I go back to work a week from Monday. Both the "Bearded One", and our budget, will appreciate the dawning of that glorious day. In the meantime I'm on Vacation. Whooty Whoo! Somehow it feels a little different than being on my "temporary unemployment" hiatus. I will head into this next week with a bounce in my step that only a "real" vacation can give. I'm pretty sure I won't be getting a tan on the outside, but on the inside I will be a lovely golden brown. Several things that I had intended have not been accomplished during my hiatus. I haven't completely reorganized my crafty stash. I haven't developed the habit of rising early each day and trooping up and down the long driveway. I haven't faithfully gone to the gym three days a week. I haven't sewed, anything beyond putting a button back on, and my photo file is still bloated and out of control. I have however managed to get back on track eating-wise these past few weeks. I have also come to grips with the fact that I have a nineteen year old grandson, middle aged children, and a bladder that will not allow me to sleep through a whole night. I have also discovered that life is pretty good. Small "disasters" that sometimes come along are actually opportunities, and if I can look towards where I am going, instead of where I am coming from, things seem to fall into place much more easily. So here's to a lovely week and Bon Voyage'  even if only in my imagination.

Before and After Project 365

I went out to take a photo for today's 365. I was wearing my slippers and hadn't intended to go to the beach but the tide was out so down I went. These are our neighbor's sea going vessels tied up to the bank to keep them from floating away. I had just watched some tutorials on textures so I decided to have a little fun. It was kind of a dreary, foggy morning but the boats were colorful.

Before

IMG 0041

After

I ended up "grunging" the image and now it looks as though we had been through a tsunami of mud, much to the "Bearded One's" chagrin but it was fun and I kind of like the depressing, distressed look.

Waiting boats

A little blur, some filters, and a sepia tone added with a mask to reveal the colors of the boats just a bit.

Lowcarb Livin'

Not a whole lot to report, no new experimental recipes. I did have blueberry almond cakes for breakfast and salmon for dinner, and some lovely french green beans with peppers and onions. I think for dessert that I will dish up a little cottage cheese with cinnamon and a sprinkle of sweetener. A nice way to end the day.

Pause for thought...


Until next time...

NewImage

1 comment:

  1. The lichen photo would be a beautiful card! Great post :-)

    ReplyDelete