A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A little snow or "Saturday's Surprise"

 

NewImage

Cottage Life

The more it snows (Tiddely pom),
The more it goes (Tiddely pom),
The more it goes (Tiddely pom),
On snowing. And nobody knows (Tiddely pom),
How cold my toes (Tiddely pom),
How cold my toes (Tiddely pom),
Are growing.
Winnie the Pooh
The House at Pooh Corner

NewImage

It snowed today and it's supposed to snow a little more tonight. It seems that only a day or two ago I rambled on about wanting to enjoy cold frozen snowy days with a cuppa' hot cocoa looking out the window. Looks like I get my wish. Oh my hot cocoa will be sugar free for sure. I won't throw all caution to the wind. Now if I were at my sister Sandy's I'm sure I could be persuaded to partake of a hot buttered something or other or a Baily's and coffee perchance. I am, however here and not there so I shall stick to "the plan". Kinda, sorta.

This evening sister Sandy, the Bearded One, and I had the pleasure of dining with our neighbors and friends. As always we had great food, wine and conversation. It's good to laugh with friends on cold and dreary evenings. It lifts the spirits, and warms the soul.

Earlier today... A celebration.

NewImage

Grandson Max turned three years old today. There was a lovely party complete with a "Dirt Cake" with gummy worms. Perfect for a boy of three. His Momma put out the festive birthday banner. (I need one of those...) and a grand time was had by all.

NewImage

The Happy Birthday Banner

 

Before and After project 365

Not my usual before and after, I've been galavanting... I'm in a whimsical sort of mood. So here's grandson Milo with a terrific Dr. Seuss quote.

Milo seuss

Low Carb livin'

Have been doing really well. Passed up the "dirt cake" although chocolate frosting is definitely on a list of my favorites. This evening had a great meal of home grown beef, saute'd veggies, green salad and oops... a couple of costco creampuffs.

click here if you dare

I looked them up and was surprised at how reasonable the little ones were. Real whipped cream. six to a serving. I had two thank you. :-) A total of six carbs. Whew!!!

NewImage

Hmmm... Pause for Thought

Green Eggs and Ham Led Zeppelin style.


Until next time...

NewImage

 

No comments:

Post a Comment