A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday's Folly

 

NewImage

A little lens flare for effect

Cottage Life

Things were a lot more peaceful here at the cottage today, no crises to circumvent and no deadlines to meet. I spent the major part of my day working on "farm prints". Time really seems to fly by, and I tend to lose myself completely in the process. It does however make for a very peaceful day for the "Bearded One".

Before and After

Working on farm cards today and I came across a couple of tractor photos that the Bearded One had taken on his Oregon trip a year ago. They were taken at a Tractor show but I didn't want that to be the focus of a generic "farm" print, so I improvised.

Before

NewImage

An example of one of the originals.

After

This one I just zeroed in on part of the tractor. you can still see clutter and stuff behind it but hopefully your main focus is on the "Farmall" emblem and the big red tire.

Farmall gray

This one I completely took out of it's element and focused mainly on the old Iron back wheel.

NewImage

 

I couldn't help myself... Another chicken picture. I'm obviously obsessed with barnyard fowl. These belonged to sister Sandy...

 

Farm series r1g


Healthy Choices

Made some high protein peanut butter balls. Super simple, satisfying for a long time and good for you too.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup sugar-free peanut butter
  • 4 scoops (or 1 and 1/3 cups) whey protein powder -- most are low in carbs, but check -- chocolate or vanilla works well
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Artificial sweetener to taste, about 1-1½ cup sugar equivalent (I used Splenda)

Mix well, form into balls, and roll in unsweetened coconut flakes, or chopped almonds.

Amazingly tasty. Even the Bearded One is devouring these. I buy the designer whey protein powder at Trader Joe's it's a lot cheaper there.

Hmmm... Pause for Thought

Ah come on.... You're gonna love it.


 

Until next time...

This is a little disturbing... But in keeping with "the theme" I give you the chicken dance.


 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. The Chicken Dance was always a favorite at the roller rink - it's harder than you might think to do it on skates! The orange tractor is a winner, for sure, and of course I love the chickens!

    ReplyDelete