A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Home again Wednesday

NewImage

The hills of LaGrande as I was leaving

Cottage Living

I'm home... right back into the NW rain. Spent the day watching the little guys and then pulled up to the cottage about 4:30 this afternoon. Good to see the Bearded One, and am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed. I may have a tough time reclaiming my half since I know the Bearded One has been sprawling across the whole thing with great abandon in my absence.

The kids sent me home with a new HP laser printer and a keurig coffee maker. Apparently I was drooling audibly over theirs. lord knows I went through the little pods while I was there. Now I can wirelessly print from my desk without cussing about poor print quality, and sip a great cuppa' joe at the same time. I will have to try and be more diligent about walking now that I'm home and don't have Jodi dragging, I mean encouraging, me along on her 4 mile treks.

Thanks again kids.

Before and After Project 365

This was taken on my way out of LaGrande, shooting out the window. Not a very good photo. Thistles weren't really in focus. I wanted to see if I could save it since I always enjoy a challenge, making something out of nothing.

Before

IMG 0006 2

Out of camera

After

Lagrande thistles

I ran this through a topaz simplify filter to take any "photo-ness" out. Now it is strictly Painted images of a field of thistles. here is a closeup at 100% showing fencepost, wire, and thistles.

NewImage

 

Pause for thought...

I am without thought or direction this evening, Sleeping at the keyboard. We will be getting up early to go and sit with the little guys in the morning... Max will be happy that I'm bringing papa George along.


 

Until next time...

NewImage

No comments:

Post a Comment