A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Back in Time Thursday

11 10 vintage

The foggy view up the driveway this morning around 8:30 am

Cottage Life

Yesterday I went to Sidehill Farm to visit my sister and had a terrific time. I love going there because there are always opportunities for some great photos. Sister Sandy knits and has wanted to begin putting her projects up on Ravelry so we decided to do a "photo shoot". For some reason while processing the resulting photos, I got a wild hair and ended up doing a bunch of "Vintage" photos. I was so enamored that I decided to do the whole post today with that theme in mind.

First the Sweater. Sandy was able to knit this up really quickly using a chunky yarn and added some great wooden buttons. I think it turned out fabulously! Note the vintage sheep in the background.

NewImage

Smiling sister with sweater and sheep

 

In keeping with our vintage theme, here's a shot of the farm next door. I think it lends itself well to this treatment...

 

Satsop2011

Farm in Satsop

There are always photo opportunities at "Sidehill Farm"

NewImage

Seed Pod

NewImage

A rusty vintage star

 

Candlelight vintage

Vintage candle light

And of course "home sweet home"

NewImage

The Cottage by the Bay

Before and After

"Pears in repose"....

Before

NewImage

Okay so this isn't the actual before but we are doing a vintage theme remember?

After

Pears still in repose but with a little attitude.

NewImage

The finished "piece de' resistance"

A little boost, sharpening, and a few layered art effects make for a colorful composition.

 

 

Healthy Choices

Started the day with some gluten free pancakes with Pumpkin Butter, a nice hot cup of coffee with cream... Have Tilapia on the menu for dinner.

Hmmm... Pause for Thought

And now in keeping with the "vintage" theme...


Until next time...

NewImage

 

 

3 comments:

  1. oh my! those photos are all amazing! i especially love the farm next door, and the photo of aunt sandy with the sheep in the background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole post was one 'wow!' after another! Yep, I just scrolled back up to find a favorite, but can't decide. Even the video at the end is one of the best parts of O Brother, Where Art Thou?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys...Sandy will be putting some of the regular processed pictures on ravelry to show off her projects.

    ReplyDelete