A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Mastered...

 

NewImage

Cottage Life

I finished the project I've been working on. I'm pleased. We did a test printing and everything went well. I love children's illustrations, the colors are so vibrant. It was fun to see it come to fruition.

Our instant hot water heater has decided to only come on when it feels like it rather than when we turn on the faucet. It's been a little wonky for a while but has usually worked after turning the hot water faucet on and off a few times till it kicked in. Last night however, it breathed it's almost last breath. I had gone down to take a much deserved and needed shower and got nothing but ice water. I got dressed came back up stairs and of course it kicked right in. Now in order to take a shower I do a test turn on upstairs. If the jets kick on I bound down the stairs turn on the shower and then have the bearded one turn off the kitchen faucet. The handy man Greg came today (I did get out of my Pjs) and after much taking apart and putting back together he came to the conclusion that  we needed a new part. It's been ordered and we should be good to go in a couple of days.

The Christmas Decorations are in the cherokee. Three LARGE Totes worth of Christmas goodness. Most of which will not be used because of space restrictions but it's hard to let go of "stuff" sometimes. I am however determined to reduce the number of totes that go back to the v-star garage at the end of the season. we'll see.

I was fiddling about with the blog banner today and came across some wonderful vintage christmas cards and thought that I'd share a couple of my favorites...

NewImage


NewImage

 

Then there's the "manly" Christmas card...

NewImage

 

Before and After

Frogs and Calla lilies... I've done these before a few years ago. I ran across them while delving into the archives and thought I'd revisit them in a new way. Let's see if the old gal has learned any new tricks.

Before

NewImage

These have been cropped down from the original photos to make a better composition.

After

The Frog. I loved this little guy. He would hang around my fish pond off my patio and perch on the old watering can.

NewImage

The Calla lilly off our front porch...

Calla canvas

Healthy Choices

The Bearded One was head chef this evening preparing the weekly grilled salmon, brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes. I stayed home today so didn't have a lot of bad choices to make.

Hmmm... Pause for Thought

Some amazing harmony from these three women of a certain age...


 

Until next time...

Is it me or does this seem just wrong.... Ah the good ol' days.

NewImage

No comments:

Post a Comment