A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kickin' Back Sunday

 

Nov6

The view this afternoon looking across the Bay at the beautiful Autumn colors

Cottage Life

A pleasant Sunday here at the cottage. Started off with chilly fog then a brief "Blueing" occurred. I love this time of year. Crunchy leaves, crisp air, and the seasonal "pumpkin butter available at Trader Joes.

NewImage

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Butter

I went searching for Fall inspiration and I came across Pinterest A bulletin board of sorts. This is an amazing place to find and share ideas. it's photo-centered. People pin and repin things and ideas that they like. I was only there a few moments and was hooked. These  are a few examples of how terrific the presentation is.

NewImage

 

 

NewImage

 

And check this idea out for a christmas card...

NewImage

And I really needed this.... I love scarves but always end up flinging them around my neck...

NewImage

What an inspirational site. Check it out.

Before and After

This shot was taken on my way back from taking today's weather photo. This is the view looking into the Original Cabin's window from our deck.

Before

IMG 5821

Jars in the window

After

Here I've done this photo three different ways. Each one is a slight variation of the original.

 

Jarsinthewindow1

A soft watercolor look without the texture

 

Jarsinthewindow2

Bolder with pen and ink overlay

 

 

Jarsinthewindow3

More of an old fashioned illustration with a slight sepia overlay to give it depth.

 

Healthy Choices

I did pretty well today. I was not out and about prowling for latte's and scones. We had grilled salmon, sweet potatoes, and broccoli for dinner. We will have baked apples with walnuts, and raisins, sweetened a little with splenda for dessert a little later. I had a glass of Trader Joe's finest Cab ($2.49 a bottle). I realize red wine is not traditionally served with fish but the red is better for me and this one is particularly easy on the palate.

Hmmm... Pause for Thought

This is very funny.... recommended by the checker at Trader Joe's.


 

Until next time...

NewImage

Taking off their shoes made the difference...

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. HI just trying to help Neal post a comment.
    can one post without a bolg?

    ReplyDelete