A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sittin' around Sunday...

 

Nov 13

Tiny Cottage amongst tall trees this morning...

Cottage Life

Shells in window

The view out the bathroom window this morning

As I'm working on this post I am listening to "A Prairie Home Companion" on NPR. I absolutely love this program. I used to upload the podcasts onto my IPOD and listen to them throughout my day. They make me smile and it's good to smile. I come from Norwegian stock and though I'm much removed from those midwest Lutheran roots, a lot of the culture still runs through the gene pool. For example... "If your'e cold, put on a sweater, watch your manners, make yourself useful, and mind your own business". One of my favorite make believe sponsors of the show... Powdermilk Biscuits, which "give shy persons the strength to get up and do what needs to be done."

A few Garrison Keillor quotes...

It's important for survival that children have their own experiences, the kind they learn from. The kind their parents arrange for are not as useful. Good parents are the hardest to get rid of.”
Garrison Keillor

“We come from people who brought us up to believe that life is a struggle, and if you should feel really happy, be patient: this will pass.”
Garrison Keillor

“My generation was secretive, brooding, ambitious, show-offy, and this generation is congenial. Totally. I imagine them walking around with GPS chips that notify them when a friend is in the vicinity, and their GPSes guide them to each other in clipped electronic lady voices and they sit down side by side in a coffee shop and text-message each other while checking their e-mail and hopping and skipping around Facebook to see who has posted pictures of their weekend.”
Garrison Keillor

“When in doubt, look intelligent.”
Garrison Keillor

 

I am really loving the colors of the leaves, knowing that before long they will all become mushy reminders of what once was. What ever shall I take photos of once they're gone?

NewImage

Leaves filling the roof gutters...

 

 

Before and After

I'm hoping my friend Sandy, won't mind me sharing this wonderful photo. In this photo she was able to capture an incredible  mix of fog, muted colors, and flowers, that reminded me of a painting that might be done by Thomas Kinkade, the "painter of light."

Before

NewImage

The original photo

These moments are gifts. Magical combinations like this happening when a camera is nearby, are pretty rare.

After

As I mentioned, I was inspired by the works of Thomas Kinkade so I thought I would try to "make a painting" and add bits of glowing light, by highlighting petals, grasses and the fall leaves.

Sandylightsharp

The finished image with highlights and sketch overlays.

Thanks ahead of time for the blatant use of your photo, my friend... It was great fun.

Healthy Choices

I'm posting this fairly early in the day but I plan on staying on task so here is what's on the daily... minus the pumpkin pie of course.

NewImage

Hmmm... Pause for Thought


 

 

 

 

Until next time...

NewImage

No comments:

Post a Comment