A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Simply Saturday

 

NewImage

The view out the downstairs looking across our Patio

Cottage Life

A very rainy afternoon. Yesterday's blustery winds helped relieve the big leaf maple branches of a vast majority of their leaves. The ones left now are the stout and sturdy types, refusing to give way to the new. I wonder if that's how I will go. Hanging on, clutching my branch refusing to call it quits. Oak leaves are like that. They stay on until the new growth pushes them off in the early spring. They are also quite leathery, it takes a great deal of time to break them down in the compost pile. Hmm... I'm sure there's some deep analogy hidden in all this blather but I will leave you to ferret it out.

I've been working on an illustration project for the landlord's grandson and having a great time. Taking pieces and parts from one place, adjusting them, and revamping them for a new purpose to fit the story. I think I could really get to like this sort of thing. Bright colors, textures, and imaginative backgrounds.

Here's a little peek at what I'm doing... shhhhh... don't tell it's a secret project.

Boo pointing at birds

 

I was glad to see that sister Sandy put a new post up. She does a good job and it's always such a treat to read. I am, as always, encouraging everybody I know to do a "micro" blog. It's not that hard. I can help you get started. After a bit it becomes addicting. It's my therapy. It gives anybody and everybody a chance to be creative and interact with others all around the world. What a hoot. Come on now I know you want to. And you don't even have to be good at it... look at me. I've set the bar low. Come on in the waters fine, and your family and friends will love it.

Before and After

Before we get to the before and afters I want to point you to Gimp It's an absolutely free software app. for photo manipulation. You don't have to have photoshop to do some pretty nifty things. There are even tutorials... so you have no excuses. Now you can putz around with your own stuff and get creative.

Before

This is a totally random piece that I did while trying to avoid doing something constructive. I was just putzing because I wasn't feeling very inspired. Here's where I started. It' not a good photo at all. I just liked the shape of the ornament.

IMG 5909

Terrible original photo

After

I literally just started fiddling and making layer after layer in photoshop. I really like color so I just started putzing. I don't know how I got to where I got to, I just somehow arrived. If I was actually doing this for a project I would have been a lot more precise. I couldn't for the life of me come up with another project so I thought "what the hey"...

Boredom

The finished piece...

It reminded me a little of quilt blocks...

Healthy Choices

I am on it today!!! Whooty whoo! I'm not necessarily liking it but I'm on it. Let's face it I like "carby" sweet, "carby" salty and even "carby" plain. Unfortunately all those things that I love are not loving me back. The older I get the more attention I am gonna have to pay to what I eat. OMG listen to me.  I'm beginning to sound like all those old ladies discussing their digestive ailments. Stop me please. Enough said. I'm heading for a good ending for today but it's still early.

I'm going back to the Daily report:

12



Hmmm... Pause for Thought

Speaking of "Quilt Blocks"


 


Until next time...

NewImage

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Your finished piece would make a beautiful, wintery note card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... you know I was thinking the same thing when I looked at it after I posted it. I might want to change the words...lol

    ReplyDelete