A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Frivolous Friday

 

NewImage

This is the view out one of our skylights... I love how the light shines through the leaves

 

Cottage Life

Another glorious day in the little cottage by the Bay.The Bearded One has been busy raking leaves out of the driveway.  The large accumulation of wet leaves was beginning to make the road a little slick. It's a pretty sharp incline down here by the cabins and one needs all the traction one can muster.

Here at the Cottage it's become quite important to be able to drive up the hill with out digging gravel.  For the longest time I wasn't aware. I would climb in the wrangler, maneuver my backup and take off up the hill. Little did I know that the Bearded One was keeping tabs, clucking and crowing to himself that he was the only one that could properly ascend the great hill. It slowly dawned on me what was going on when I begin to notice that quite often he would critique people coming and going up the hill.

The gauntlet has been thrown. "Let the games begin." Our ears are now keenly tuned to listen for sound of gravel being displaced. We smugly smile within when the "other" makes a noisy departure.  It's a skill... one has to give just enough gas while releasing the clutch smoothly so as to glide up the hill without disturbing any of the surface gravel. As I write this, it occurs to me that I am the only one driving a stick shift, the "Bearded One" has an automatic. Hmmmm...

NewImage

Before and After

Thinking about our driveway was the inspiration for this project. I've been playing with some new software add ons and I wanted to see what I could do.

Before

Our driveway. Boring. Nothing really draws your eye to focus anywhere in particular.

IMG 6420

After

First I cropped it a bit, I wanted to draw the eye up the road a little. Then I added some boost, darkening up the background a little, and lastly painted in some light onto the mossy trees at the top of the hill.

 

NewImage

I also ran this through a "Topaz" filter creating an interesting effect if you were to view it close up and personal...

NewImage

Healthy Choices

I made some... Healthy choices that is. The usual involving chicken and broccoli. Now if I could only make myself walk up and  down that hill. Maybe I could have the Bearded one stash a chocolate bar way up by the gate... hmmm motivation. It would I suppose defeat the purpose but I can see the possibilities.

Hmmm... Pause for Thought

Maybe I need Richard...



 

 

 

 

Until next time...

NewImage

No comments:

Post a Comment