A journal of sorts.

I am an avid photographer with a love for digital processing. The Bearded One and I have become "Townies" once again and are in the process of transforming our suburban nest into a peaceful refuge.
This blog is where I like to stash things. An assortment of random thoughts, a recipe or two, a few of my favorite photos, and the processing thereof.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday soon to be Sunday

NewImage

Time to clean out the gutters again

Cottage Life

Went on a mini yarn crawl today with Ferol. It was divine. Nothing like the colors and textures of yarn to get me inspired. I just like having the visual stimulation that creative color combinations provide laying around. Yarn didn't used to be so colorful. You could certainly find different colors but they weren't  all intertwined in one magnificent ball of yarn. Razzle dazzle colors, soft muted pastels, and the textures... fine and gossamer as spider webs and fairy wings, chunky like cotton batting, and everything in between. I was good. I only brought home a couple of skeins.

NewImage

Okay maybe not this much yarn hanging around... But you get the idea. Hey maybe Instead of  "BOUDOIR" photography I could do "Yarn Stash" Photography. What do you think girls... hmmm... Covered in your favorite fibers, in sweet repose.

Tomorrow I will be de-autumn-ing the cottage. The Bearded One has put on a christmas CD. Apparently I've been humming a carol or two and he'd rather listen to a whole instrumental piece than my ragtag bits and pieces bursting forth in a tourette-like fashion. I can't help it something's in the air.

 

Before and After

I'm in the mood for a little color. Must've been all that yarn I perused today.

Before

I love old Bottles. I shoot them a lot.

46 014

How it looked the day I took the photo. It was springtime.

After


NewImage

Over the top colorful

 

NewImage

Understated monotone

I got to looking at old photos in the archives. That can be quite time consuming, and not necessarily productive.


Healthy Choices

Tried some of the gluten free flour sis sent home with me. Made biscuits to go with the leftover stew. They were fabulous.

Hmmm... Pause for Thought

Kinda reminds me of the "family"... You know who you are...


Until next time...

Apparently Pigs were once quite popular at christmas time... a little ham perhaps? No, this is not chub cam. Just sayin'

NewImage

1 comment:

  1. I had a great time, too - and thanks for showing me around the compound!

    ReplyDelete